Saturday, September 13, 2014

Dream Better ... Blue Vases

"And you know one can dream so much better in a room where there are pretty things. I'm going to put these boughs in the old blue jug and set them on my table."   ~~  Anne to Marilla in Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery , 1908


The minute I saw this gorgeous blue art pottery jug in Vintage Home Shop on etsy, that quote - from one of my favorite books - popped right into my head.



And then I was inspired to search for more beautiful blue vases ...







Like this gorgeous handcrafted ceramic vase, from Twin Mountain Pottery ...




















... this stunning vintage Scandinavian art glass vase from Hallington's ...














... this gorgeous English stoneware bottle that I found in English Shop, one of the most wonderful etsy shops for European antiques you'll find ...













... and a few in the Vases & Planters section of our shop as well, of course ...



Visit us on etsy at Gypsum Moon Vintage for vintage and antique items for your home, kitchen, office, and yard, at Gypsum Moon Rocks for rocks and crystals, sterling silver gemstone jewelry, lapidary, craft, and jewelry supplies, and at Gypsum Moon Style for vintage and upcycled clothing, jewelry. and accessories for women and men.

As always, please leave a comment if you're so inclined - we love hearing from you!

8 comments:

  1. I am so blue about blue. No that doesn't sound right but I'm in love with that jug from vintage home shop and a couple from yours. Deep blue pottery and glassware too -- heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree - and if you wave cobalt blue glass in front me, I'll follow you anywhere :D

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful collection Kay and CJ. Will never forget that beautiful quote now. Thank you so much for making me part of this lovely blog post! x Eve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have so many gorgeous vases in your shop, I could've stayed there for hours!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful ! Blue is my favorite color !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too - and if you wave cobalt blue glass in front of me, I'll follow you anywhere :::laughs:::

      Delete
  4. Those deep blues are mesmerizing and I love the handled vase from your shop as well!! Wonderful grouping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mesmerizing is the perfect word :)

      Delete